Here are some ways to decrease cash flow from Chinkee Tan’s “Till Debt Do Us Part”
- Change your lifestyle, spend less
- Be open-minded for other opportunities
- Save as much as you can
- If you have more, maintain your lifestyle
- Have a long-term perspective
And here are some applications i started out immediately:
- I try to bring packed lunch at the office as much as possible, i can save as much as 70 pesos daily or 1,400 pesos monthly.
- When i only have to buy few grocery items or pay bills, i do it within 15-30 minutes so i don’t have to pay parking. You can save 20 pesos by doing this.
- I also maximize Alabang Town Center’s free parking (it’s beside Cinema). You can save 20 pesos.
- Minimize eating out for dinner, i just eat at home instead. I can save 150 pesos/meal.
- Instead of watching movies at cinemas, i watch DVD at home instead.
- Instead of bringing a car going to school at UP-Manila, i just commute. I can save as much as 250 pesos for toll fees (SLEX) and 250 pesos for gas expenses.
- I started to pay-out credit card debts and have it cut. Tip: start paying your small amount debts then the large debts. Be sure to terminate your credit card account upon paying. Negotiate with your credit card companies to wave interest and give you flexible payment schemes.
- I avoided malls and going to my favorite brands on SALE, this way i’ll avoid buying stuff i really don’t need.
- I set a goal “I’ll be a millionaire in 5 years” so if i won’t change my spending and saving habits i cannot attain this goal.
- I started giving my TITHES faithfully and correctly 🙂 God promised to bless us abundantly if we honor Him with the first fruits of our crops.
Always think of long-term, the longer the term the better off it will be. – Chinkee Tan