My first attempt to bake one of my comfort food – Cream Puff. I download the recipe at www.food.com. It was yummy, though i admit there are still things that i need to improve on my next try. Lessons learned, i should really wait until the puff is golden brown!
For pudding filling:
- ¾ cup sugar (i add 1/2 cup instead since i don’t want it too sweet)
- 1⁄3; cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk (you can use evaporated milk or fresh milk)
- 2eggs ,beaten
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- For puff shells
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup butter , no substitutes please
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- First, prepare pudding.
- In a large saucepan, stir flour, sugar, and milk together.
- Stir continuously, cooking over medium heat, until bubbly.
- Cook, while stirring, for two minutes more.
- Remove from heat and stir about a cup of the milk mixture into the eggs gradually.
- Add this egg mixture back into the saucepan with the rest of the milk mixture and cook until NEARLY bubbly, avoiding a boil.
- Cook on low heat for two minutes more, stirring.
- 8.Stir in the vanilla, cover the surface of the pudding with plastic wrap, and chill until serving time.