- 2/3 cup butter , softened (150 mL) butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar 1 1cup cup(250 mL) – to lessen sweetness – lessen sugar or add quaker oats
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups large-flake rolled oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 10 pcs Hershey’s Kisses with Almonds (chop)
- Line rimless baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- In large bowl, beat butter with sugar until fluffy; beat in egg and vanilla. In separate bowl, whisk together rolled oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt – stir into butter mixture until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by heaping 1 tbsp (15 mL), about 2 inches (5 cm) apart, onto prepared pans. Bake in top and bottom thirds of 375°F (190°C) oven, rotating and switching pans halfway through, until golden, about 12 minutes. (You can lessen the minutes to bake).
- Transfer to rack; let cool.