My sister and I are both excited for this trip in South Korea, we booked our flight one year ahead, just in time for spring season. But unfortunately, spring in Seoul begun a week after the trip (sigh). But it’s all right, we enjoyed the tail of winter weather (super cold at 1-8c), that we cannot experienced in the Philippines. So we dressed in our winter clothes and travelled! Here are 10 things we relished in Seoul!
1. Discovered Korean food. Seoul offers delightful food that every traveler must eat, whether you have it in the street, restaurants, coffee shops fast food or supermarket, a taste of Korea is something we yearn for.
2. Strolled at parks and villages. Seoul has vast and picturesque parks and traditional villages. My sister and I had a wonderful time biking around Olympic Park, riding in cable car in North Seoul Tower and taking mala-lookbook photos in Bukchon Village.
3. Get exposed and learned when we visit temples, Seoul National Library, Seoul City Hall and Coex Aquarium.
4. Appreciated Korean Culture by watching traditional Korea Cultural parade for free in the streets of Insadong.
5. Entertained for free by local Korean street performers in Hongdae.
6. Shop Korean beauty and cosmetic products in the street of Myungdong. My favorite skin care products are Innis Free and Missha for make-up and cosmetics. My sister rave for Etude House, Face Shop, and Skin Food.
6. Oppa, Gangnam Style. Visited the famous Gangnam District from K-pop singer Psy “Gangnam Style.”
8. Magpa-sweet at magpa-cute, at mag-feeling girl at Hello Kitty Café in Hongdae.
9. Capture fussy photos at Trick Eye Museum and Love Museum.
10. Capped off our trip, we spent half day releasing stress and relaxing our muscles at traditional Korean spa or jijimbang.
“When overseas you learn more about your own country, than you do the place you’re visiting.” – Clint Borgen