The second installment is all about the dangerous attitudes we can have because of money. It’s important that we know this attitudes, so we can be aware and regularly have self-check. As for me, I pray to be rich, and along this prayer, I pray that God will humble me, that God will always remind me that I’m just His steward and as His steward, I will honor Him in my finances as well.
If you won one million dollars, what would you do with it?
What is the best thing you ever spent money on?
The Bible cite 3 dangers of money, whether you have less money or more money, love of money can be dangerous as this can result to the following atittudes:
Danger #1: GREED
- Rich and poor can says: “I want more, I must have more “I don’t have enough, this isn’t enough yet • Greed and poverty is a heart issue. It is not just state of mind. When put into test, money will reveal what’s inside our hearts. (Matthew 6:21) How much is enough? (story rich farmer, who had no heir)
- We invest more time in business and work rather than spending our time on what will really counts for eternity. (Proverbs 23:5) • Have you asked yourself, “How much is enough?” (Proverbs 23:4)
- We aren’t satisfied. There’s always something new. Consumerism. (2 Cor 9:11) How to find enough and apply it in life?
- What are the important things in life and the main things that make you happy?
- What do you need to thrive in llife?
- What do you need to survive at a comfortable level?
- What do you have beyond those things needed for survival, comfort, happiness & thriving?
- What do you desire that goes beyond enough – beyond what’s needed for survival, comfort, happiness & thriving?
- If you don’t have more than enough, can you work less?
- If you worked less, could you be happy with enough & happier doing other things?
Danger #2 WORRY
Are you a worrier? Am I a worrier? How many times do we worry about something in our lives and the things that we fear and worry about never really come to pass?
- Worry is fear’s extravagance. It extracts interest on trouble before it comes due. It constant. lt drains the energy God gives us to face daily problems and to fulfill our many responsibilities.
- Worry is waste of time and energy. Where worry ends, faith begins. If God take care of the birds, He will also supply our needs. (Matthew 6:25-27) Worry never climbed a hill, worry never paid a bill, worry never dried a tear, worry never calmed a fear, worry never fixed a broken heel, worry never cooked a meal, worry never composed a song to sing, actually, worry never did a worthwhile thing.
Danger #3 FALSE SECURITY
Where do you place your security? What makes you feel confident?
MYTH: “If Only…..” The more money you have, the more secure your future will be.
Life will be easier and be more stress free because you don’t have to worry about money and the things you can buy. Security is a great treasure. No person lives well without a sense of security. But having security in the wrong thing doesn’t lead to greater well-being. No other thing or person can surpass the security that Jesus Christ is offering to use. He gives us life, eternal life and life to the full! God is more than willing and able. We will be secure in the Lord if we know that He is willing to give the desires of our hearts, because those desires and dreams if according to His word is from Him. And if we embrace the truth that we have an ABLE God, He can do anything, nothing is impossible with God. If we believe that God is our Father, we are His children, then we can be secure in His love. Besides, how can we doubt God’s love, He already gave His only son Jesus Christ for us, that’s the greatest proof of His love and provision.
- God can supply what we need because He is rich! (Philippians 4:19)
- God wants us to experience heaven after this life as well as full life while we’re still here on earth. (John 10:10)
- God wants us to be the head and not the tail (Deuteronomy 28:13)
- God is able to create something out of nothing. (Genesis 1:1)
- God is so rich that He will never run out of resources (Haggai 2:8)
- God is more than able to supply everything you and I will ever need (Ephesians 3:20)
God is our greatest source of security, because He is the same God, yesterday, today and tomorrow. He’ll never change. He will never abandon us and will never leave us nor forsake us. What Money Can Buy?
Money can buy a bed but not sleep
Money can buy books but not a brain
Money can buy good food but not appetite
Money can buy a dress but not beauty
Money can buy a house but not a home
Money can buy a watch but not a time
Money can buy medicines but not health
Money can buy amusement but not joy
Money can buy a crucifix but not a Savior
The best things in life are free! The best gift i’ve ever received is God’s grace, His amazing grace, through Jesus Christ.
What have you learned from this lesson? How can you apply it in your life?
Till Debt Do Us Part Author: Chinkee Tan