Night of December 1, 2016, my husband and I started another Christmas tradition – the “Advent Wreath.” Thank God for our church pastors & their families, who shared the importance of having family Christmas traditions. For reminding us to focus on … Continue reading
My husband and I started the year with audacious faith! Believing God for the impossible. That was January, when we joined our church corporately prayed and fasted, to seek the will of God and believe God for our faith goals. In January, … Continue reading
It’s my 5th year, joining Victory corporate prayer and fasting and every year it just gets better. I get to know God more and allow Him to really move in my life. Every year is more of Him and less of me. I see the difference of setting your foot in God’s direction from the beginning till end of the year. It’s an act of humility and surrender. It’s allowing God to lead my life, instead “me” doing things that “I” think is good for me. It is allowing God to give us the best, because He knows better. Even yearly ordinary goals is now called “Faith Goals” because I no longer push myself to achieve it, but I listen to God to reveal his plans for me and believe that God will make this goals & dreams come true at the end of the year. 2 Chronicles says “You will not have to fight this battle. Take up your positions; stand firm and see the deliverance the Lordwill give you, Judah and Jerusalem. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Go out to face them tomorrow, and the Lord will be with you.’” Yes, all you need to do is pray, believe and just watch and get amaze how God arrange all things right for you. I’m in awe, every time I see breakthroughs, every time I learned so much from pain and struggles. It’s really fulfilling, because you know what you actually achieve is beyond normal, It is beyond what you can do, because God intervenes and made the impossible, “possible.”
Limitless! That’s how my 2012 looks like! God has proven himself again that He is faithful and able. God always surpassed my expectations; He fulfilled most of my 2012 faith goals. God’s blessing is always greater from what I believe for.
What a year! 2012 has been so good to me. January 2012, God spoken to me that it’s gonna be a “my year of harvest.” And truly, everything I pray for, comes so easy. When I pray today, for sure God answered YES tomorrow! It’s like my Father spoiling me. I feel like that maybe I did something good in the past and God is rewarding me now. But the truth is, it’s not about me, it’s about God who wants the best for us and our God who’s just being faithful to His promise.
- Finally in 2012, God promoted me at work. I also passed the comprehensive exam, received University and College Scholar achievement award and completed my Masters degree in Management at University of the Philippines – Manila. I’m also privilege to attend trainings and workshops for career and leadership development. There are successful projects, high performance rating, and monthly business travels. It was really an exciting year for me professionally! Though also this year, I have to say goodbye to my best friend at work Mami Myrns and another close friend Joel, I still thank God that I have the opportunity to work with them for 5 years. As this happened, God blessed me with new friends at work – Jean, Anna, Ana, Rea, Lee, Sean and Jeegz. I believe that work is more colorful and exciting when you’re surrounded with real friends, I can’t survive working without friends around me! Also, this year is a challenging year for almost everyone who used to be part of the company for more than 2 years. This year the management is up for new and stricter policies and complicated processes. Politics and power tripping is all over. Well, this is the real corporate world! In spite of all this, God is teaching me to continue to work excellently for Him! God is in control and no one can harm me.
- Though my payroll and savings account don’t have hundreds of thousands now. I’m grateful that last year I achieved financial freedom. God delivered me from prison of credit card debt. Today, I don’t owe anyone! How relieving is that? By God’s grace, I was able to fix my finances and now I’m on track to making my money work for me. Last December, I just availed Variable Life Insurance from Philam-Life (for me and my family’s protection). I also started to invest through BDO Easy Investment Plan and now learning the stock market through Citisec. This year, God provided for monthly amortization for my car and lot. Aside from this financial goals success, I’m more grateful how God reveals His goodness, power and faithfulness to me. He showed me that “Joy, I am the owner, provider and controller of everything. I am able to turn around things, if you just let me and if you completely trust me.” I’ve learned so much from this experience, though I learned it the hard way, the good thing is that “I Learn.” Special thanks to Randel Tiongson (learned from his blog www.randeltiongson.com) and Chinkee Tan (learned from his books www.chinkeetan.com).
- Aside from new friends at work, I’m also grateful that I was able to spend enough and quality time with Nanay and Jell. I’ve spent most of my free time with them, from simple chats over meals, attending Sunday services at Victory Alabang, shopping and travelling together. I also got to see my close friends and spend time with my relatives. This year, we had a chance to meet my cousins from Sumaway (Malou, Charina and Lisa), also Sanchez spend summer in Raya’s Resort and also this year our family was blessed with two babies Chammy & Misha, these 2 kids bring so much joy in the compound. God just blessed me with enough time to nurture relationships that truly matters to me.
- Be determined, patient, be on-time, practice self-control, be friendly, confident and frugal. These are the characters that God developed within me in 2012. I know my limitations and I can’t change by my own effort. God is the only one who has the power to change us. Though life’s struggles are not easy, I’m grateful that through these, God transforms me to be a better person.
- 2012 is really exciting! I was able discover and learn new things. I enjoyed life by choosing happiness over sadness, positivity over negativity, and good over bad. I was able to enjoy simple things, by being myself and by being a little bold, daring and adventurous. This year, it was my first time to travel with connecting flight alone, that’s during my business trip in Chiang-Mai, where I have a connecting flight from Manila-Bangkok-Chiangmai. It was my first time to have an out of the country road trip. It was also my first time to try harness zorb, zipline and AUV in Boracay, island hopping in Honda Bay Palawan and Malapascua Island in Cebu. I’ve learned presentation skills, personal finance and investment, cooking Thai food, baking and wakeboarding. This year my family and I also had a chance to bond in Baguio, Pangasinan and Tagaytay and finally surprised Nanay with a Jollibee Kiddie Party when she turned 61. Also, thank you to all my readers, my blog site hits 8,654 views in 2012!
For some that was left unanswered, does it mean that God is Limited in some areas?
- Yes God bless me with so much in 2012, but there were still some left unanswered, and some things that we don’t expect or want to happen. My Lola Mileng passed away, my best friend’s unexpected resignation from work, I was not able to save for Emergency Fund, free parking was restricted for non-CLT members, backpacking in Cambodia –Thailand didn’t happen, I still don’t have an iPad, a Louis Vuitton bag, and a boyfriend! Of course not! God is not a limited God, there’s still 2013. I believe that 2013 will be fantastic year again, favor and breakthroughs will just continue to come! Blessings will be doubled from last year and God will fulfill these faith goals that left unanswered. I just have to wait, God wants me to wait patiently for Him and keep the faith! You want your personal goals happen, then claim this promise from God!
I don’t know about you, but I guess you also have prayers, goals and wishes that you want to happen! If God has been limitless to me, for sure He can do the same thing to you, if you allow Him to. The Bible says, in John 5:20 “For the Father loves the Son & shows him all he does. Yes, & He will show him even greater works than these, so that you will be amazed.” Believe that God can do amazing things in your life, then you will experience limitless blessings from our unlimited God.
Our heavenly Father, the Master Gardener, is an expert pruner. He knows when to cut, wher to cut & how much to cut to produce the best in our lives. The pruning process is painful but its always productive…