It’s prayer and fasting week again tomorrow and I’m really excited to join Victory to corporately fast as a church. I admit it, fasting is not my favorite spiritual discipline, I only do this when there’s a corporate prayer and fasting … Continue reading
I’ve always been excited for New Year. As if New Year, has it’s own way of stirring my heart to forget the past, start fresh, dream more, anticipate new opportunities, be a better person and create another great year, believe God for … Continue reading
I believed God for an Extraordinary 2014, indeed it was. God has been faithful, He’s always been faithful in many ways. God has been true to His promise in Jeremiah 33:3 “Call to me and I will answer you, rand … Continue reading
“Be joyful always, pray continually. Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.”
1 Thes 5:16-18
This year I’m believing God for….
Follow me in Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/iamjenicejoy/2013-faith-goals/
I’m surprised how God speaks to me during breaking the fast last January 11, 2013. I attended 3 out of 5 prayer meeting & worship night alone this time. I don’t know why but God knows I’m not that comfortable being alone, but during this times that I heard so much from God. It’s an intimate moment with God.
January 11, Friday, breaking the fast… I choose to go at 6:45 PM at the center, I do that intentionally because I’m alone! When i entered the center, there’s a lot of people on fire for worship, there’s no more sit in my favorite area (middle, right in front of the stage), so I was forced to sit in the area the I least like (left side corner) where I barely see Pastor speaking and worship team singing and praising (thought bubbles).
There I met a new friend Rio. As the worship countdown begins, everyone is shouting, praising, clapping, dancing and singing, and I just did the same. There’s an overflowing joy in my heart, not because finally I can eat tonight, but because I know that night will be one of the best night of worship. And I pray “Jesus, I want to praise you and honor you and I want to hear from you.”
As I worship, I felt that God is telling me in my heart and mind that “Joy, this year I will get you out of your comfort zone. Though I know you don’t like this, you’ll still obey and follow Me. Because out of your comfort zone, you will experience greater joy, favor, blessings and breakthroughs! Out of your comfort zone My Name will be honored and glorified! You will experience real joy, peace and confidence out of your comfort zone because you will trust me more. You will no longer depend on your own strengths and abilities, but rather depend on the power of the Holy Spirit who is at work within you NOW. Joy, get ready for a roller coaster ride, exciting BIGGER, GREATER 2013.” God promised in Zechariah 6:15 “Those who are far away will come and help to build the temple of the Lord, and you will know that the Lord Almighty has sent me to you. This will happen if you diligently obey the Lord your God.” Though, I don’t want this Lord, I will obey and follow wherever you leads me. Amen!
It’s my 5th year, joining Victory corporate prayer and fasting and every year it just gets better. I get to know God more and allow Him to really move in my life. Every year is more of Him and less of me. I see the difference of setting your foot in God’s direction from the beginning till end of the year. It’s an act of humility and surrender. It’s allowing God to lead my life, instead “me” doing things that “I” think is good for me. It is allowing God to give us the best, because He knows better. Even yearly ordinary goals is now called “Faith Goals” because I no longer push myself to achieve it, but I listen to God to reveal his plans for me and believe that God will make this goals & dreams come true at the end of the year. 2 Chronicles says “You will not have to fight this battle. Take up your positions; stand firm and see the deliverance the Lordwill give you, Judah and Jerusalem. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Go out to face them tomorrow, and the Lord will be with you.’” Yes, all you need to do is pray, believe and just watch and get amaze how God arrange all things right for you. I’m in awe, every time I see breakthroughs, every time I learned so much from pain and struggles. It’s really fulfilling, because you know what you actually achieve is beyond normal, It is beyond what you can do, because God intervenes and made the impossible, “possible.”
Limitless! That’s how my 2012 looks like! God has proven himself again that He is faithful and able. God always surpassed my expectations; He fulfilled most of my 2012 faith goals. God’s blessing is always greater from what I believe for.
What a year! 2012 has been so good to me. January 2012, God spoken to me that it’s gonna be a “my year of harvest.” And truly, everything I pray for, comes so easy. When I pray today, for sure God answered YES tomorrow! It’s like my Father spoiling me. I feel like that maybe I did something good in the past and God is rewarding me now. But the truth is, it’s not about me, it’s about God who wants the best for us and our God who’s just being faithful to His promise.
- Finally in 2012, God promoted me at work. I also passed the comprehensive exam, received University and College Scholar achievement award and completed my Masters degree in Management at University of the Philippines – Manila. I’m also privilege to attend trainings and workshops for career and leadership development. There are successful projects, high performance rating, and monthly business travels. It was really an exciting year for me professionally! Though also this year, I have to say goodbye to my best friend at work Mami Myrns and another close friend Joel, I still thank God that I have the opportunity to work with them for 5 years. As this happened, God blessed me with new friends at work – Jean, Anna, Ana, Rea, Lee, Sean and Jeegz. I believe that work is more colorful and exciting when you’re surrounded with real friends, I can’t survive working without friends around me! Also, this year is a challenging year for almost everyone who used to be part of the company for more than 2 years. This year the management is up for new and stricter policies and complicated processes. Politics and power tripping is all over. Well, this is the real corporate world! In spite of all this, God is teaching me to continue to work excellently for Him! God is in control and no one can harm me.
- Though my payroll and savings account don’t have hundreds of thousands now. I’m grateful that last year I achieved financial freedom. God delivered me from prison of credit card debt. Today, I don’t owe anyone! How relieving is that? By God’s grace, I was able to fix my finances and now I’m on track to making my money work for me. Last December, I just availed Variable Life Insurance from Philam-Life (for me and my family’s protection). I also started to invest through BDO Easy Investment Plan and now learning the stock market through Citisec. This year, God provided for monthly amortization for my car and lot. Aside from this financial goals success, I’m more grateful how God reveals His goodness, power and faithfulness to me. He showed me that “Joy, I am the owner, provider and controller of everything. I am able to turn around things, if you just let me and if you completely trust me.” I’ve learned so much from this experience, though I learned it the hard way, the good thing is that “I Learn.” Special thanks to Randel Tiongson (learned from his blog www.randeltiongson.com) and Chinkee Tan (learned from his books www.chinkeetan.com).
- Aside from new friends at work, I’m also grateful that I was able to spend enough and quality time with Nanay and Jell. I’ve spent most of my free time with them, from simple chats over meals, attending Sunday services at Victory Alabang, shopping and travelling together. I also got to see my close friends and spend time with my relatives. This year, we had a chance to meet my cousins from Sumaway (Malou, Charina and Lisa), also Sanchez spend summer in Raya’s Resort and also this year our family was blessed with two babies Chammy & Misha, these 2 kids bring so much joy in the compound. God just blessed me with enough time to nurture relationships that truly matters to me.
- Be determined, patient, be on-time, practice self-control, be friendly, confident and frugal. These are the characters that God developed within me in 2012. I know my limitations and I can’t change by my own effort. God is the only one who has the power to change us. Though life’s struggles are not easy, I’m grateful that through these, God transforms me to be a better person.
- 2012 is really exciting! I was able discover and learn new things. I enjoyed life by choosing happiness over sadness, positivity over negativity, and good over bad. I was able to enjoy simple things, by being myself and by being a little bold, daring and adventurous. This year, it was my first time to travel with connecting flight alone, that’s during my business trip in Chiang-Mai, where I have a connecting flight from Manila-Bangkok-Chiangmai. It was my first time to have an out of the country road trip. It was also my first time to try harness zorb, zipline and AUV in Boracay, island hopping in Honda Bay Palawan and Malapascua Island in Cebu. I’ve learned presentation skills, personal finance and investment, cooking Thai food, baking and wakeboarding. This year my family and I also had a chance to bond in Baguio, Pangasinan and Tagaytay and finally surprised Nanay with a Jollibee Kiddie Party when she turned 61. Also, thank you to all my readers, my blog site hits 8,654 views in 2012!
For some that was left unanswered, does it mean that God is Limited in some areas?
- Yes God bless me with so much in 2012, but there were still some left unanswered, and some things that we don’t expect or want to happen. My Lola Mileng passed away, my best friend’s unexpected resignation from work, I was not able to save for Emergency Fund, free parking was restricted for non-CLT members, backpacking in Cambodia –Thailand didn’t happen, I still don’t have an iPad, a Louis Vuitton bag, and a boyfriend! Of course not! God is not a limited God, there’s still 2013. I believe that 2013 will be fantastic year again, favor and breakthroughs will just continue to come! Blessings will be doubled from last year and God will fulfill these faith goals that left unanswered. I just have to wait, God wants me to wait patiently for Him and keep the faith! You want your personal goals happen, then claim this promise from God!
I don’t know about you, but I guess you also have prayers, goals and wishes that you want to happen! If God has been limitless to me, for sure He can do the same thing to you, if you allow Him to. The Bible says, in John 5:20 “For the Father loves the Son & shows him all he does. Yes, & He will show him even greater works than these, so that you will be amazed.” Believe that God can do amazing things in your life, then you will experience limitless blessings from our unlimited God.
I don’t know about you but for me, a brand new year really excites me. If December is a great time for me to thank God for the countless blessings, trials surpassed, problems solved, relationships restored, atittude changed and prayers answered. While, January is the time to renew our dreams, to plan, to set life direction and to choose the path where you want to be. Every year I set goals, the things i want to achieve… But since 2009 when i join Victory’s prayer & fasting, i learned to set faith goals instead – Faith goals because it is not about what you want and how will you achieve it, but it’s about seeking what God wants, and how He will make your goals your dreams happened!
This 2012, it’s kinda different process for me, I participate in 2012 prayer & fasting, pray, meditate on His word and list down what God tells me to do. And it gets me more excited as i realized that it is a harvest season for me this year! It was a unique and wonderful experience… I started with a 3 day Daniel fast in the Philippines, prayer and worship while in-transit from Manila, to Bangkok, to Chiangmai, to Chiangrai. And finally, in 3rd week of January i have my 2012 Faith Goals set, and believe me God has even answered most of them in January!
And to summarize my 2012 Dreamsicle, this 2012 I will: have a deeper relationship with God, keep in step with God, keep doing good, live healthy, work smarter, graduate with flying colors in my MBA, achieve positive cash flow, live life to the full, learn new things and try new experiences.
By the way, i choose “butterfly” shape for my faith goals collage because i believe this year I will fly, spread my wings and conquer my dreams!
First time in our Victory Group to celebrate a thanksgiving party. Cai hosted our dinner in their lovely crib in Ohana. We are asked to write our Top 10 “Thank You’s for 2011. And since God has taught me to be content and live a simple life this year, I thought of thanking God for what i have, for the things that most of the time i ignore because i’m desiring for more or worst focusing on things that I don’t have. There you go…This 2011 I thank God for….
1. My family, for my sister and nanay who’s been there for me in good and bad times.
2. Old & new friends in Victory (VG – whose been there for me all this time and for deeper friendship with them & KC volunteers), Monsanto and in UP, Relatives (Sanchez & Sumaway), for the love and encouragement.
3. Provision for me & my family’s basic needs Comfortable house to live, that we never get affected by strong typhoons, Good food cooked by nanay everyday and free dine-outs, Old & few new clothes, sandals & bags that I can mix and match. (Thank you Lord that I can also borrow from my sister)
4. Good health! That after series of consultation, I thank God I’m free from sickness.
5. Strength and wisdom doing work and studies at the same time. It’s really God!
6. My work in Monsanto. Good compensation & benefits, trainings and exposure.
7. “JJ” my companion wherever I go! My favorite spot to meet God!
8. LCD TV without cable, laptop & we roam to surf and do my term papers (not an Ipad2), not so reliable N97 (not a BB or iPhone)
9. Places I’ve been too early this year. Davao, Subic, Batangas, Tagaytay, KL, SG
11. Newborn baby “Misha Venice” my pretty and lovely pamangkin, who brings joy in our family.
12. Nanay’s 60th Birthday – for long life, good health, simple yet happy celebration
13. Finally, finish with so much learnings and confidence in “Training for Victory”
14. Renovated bathroom, kitchen and new oven at home
15. RRA and GCs received during Monsanto 2011 Christmas Party
16. Bringing me to situations where I don’t have a choice but to fully surrender everything to Him. For always reminding me to be fully dependent in God alone in all areas of my life. He always made me realized that without God I am nothing. In my weakness and during down times, He moves in my life amazingly!
By the way, i wrote more than ten because i cant get enough of God blessings, countless!
Joshua 1:5 No one will be able to stand against you all the days of your life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you
Joshua 1:6 Be strong and courageous
Numbers 23:19 (ESV)
God is not man, that he should lie,
or a son of man, that he should change his mind.
Has he said, and will he not do it?
Or has he spoken, and will he not fulfill it?
10 As the rain and the snow come down from heaven,
and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish,so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, 11 so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.
9 Know therefore that the LORD your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commandments. 10 But those who hate him he will repay to their face by destruction;
he will not be slow to repay to their face those who hate him.
REFLECT: God is a faithful God, he keep his promise, he fulfill it. and that’s wow! Isn’t it great to know that our God, our Father, is faithful to his promise? that whatever he says, whatever promise mentioned in the Bible is true and if we just believe, it will happen to us? This characteristic of God, just made realize how confident and secure my future would be. Today, i embrace all His promises!
- He has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ
- He choose us to be holy and blameless in his sight
- He predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ
- He redeemed us, he forgives our sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace that he lavished on us
- He gives us wisdom and understanding
- His plan for us works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will
This year i believe that God wants me to believe in His promises:
The LORD God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.”
A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed.
The LORD will grant you abundant prosperity—in the fruit of your womb, the young of your livestock and the crops of your ground—in the land he swore to your ancestors to give you.
#2011 Prayer & Fasting