Ingredients 2/3 cup butter , softened (150 mL) butter 1 cup packed brown sugar 1 1cup cup(250 mL) – to lessen sweetness – lessen sugar or add quaker oats 1 egg 2 tsp vanilla 1-1/2 cups large-flake rolled oats 1 cup all-purpose … Continue reading
My first attempt to bake one of my comfort food – Cream Puff. I download the recipe at www.food.com. It was yummy, though i admit there are still things that i need to improve on my next try. Lessons learned, i should really wait until the puff is golden brown!
For pudding filling:
- ¾ cup sugar (i add 1/2 cup instead since i don’t want it too sweet)
- 1⁄3; cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk (you can use evaporated milk or fresh milk)
- 2eggs ,beaten
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- For puff shells
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup butter , no substitutes please
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- First, prepare pudding.
- In a large saucepan, stir flour, sugar, and milk together.
- Stir continuously, cooking over medium heat, until bubbly.
- Cook, while stirring, for two minutes more.
- Remove from heat and stir about a cup of the milk mixture into the eggs gradually.
- Add this egg mixture back into the saucepan with the rest of the milk mixture and cook until NEARLY bubbly, avoiding a boil.
- Cook on low heat for two minutes more, stirring.
- 8.Stir in the vanilla, cover the surface of the pudding with plastic wrap, and chill until serving time.
I missed this appetizer from Sentro in Greenbelt 4. I gotta try cooking this one of these days.
- 2 packages kesong puti
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs and 1/4 cup flour
- Dash of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Oil for frying
- Cut the cheese into four equal portions. Roll in the beaten egg.
- Shake in a bag with the breadcrumbs. If you want it a bit spicy, add some cayenne pepper to the breadcrumbs.
- Fry in hot oil until golden brown.
- Serve as is or with chili sauce as dip. I prefer garlic mayo dip.
Photo credits: http://www.flickr.com/photos/francesbean/26502070/
Garlic Mayo, garlic sauce is my favorite dip for salad, nachos, fries and fish fillet! waaah, nagugutom tuloy ako. Anyways, if you love this too, i’ll share with you my recipe for cheesy garlic dip! this taste like Fish & Co’s dip… i definitely recommend must try!
- 1/2 cup All-purpose cream
- 1/2 cup Grated cheese
- 1/2 glove grind Garlic
- Salt & Pepper
- Mix all the ingredients and you’re now ready to dip! So simple!
- Best serve with tomatoes 🙂